If you’re a new Holdem poker players and you’re looking to download full tilt poker and start playing online poker then you should probably start out with playing sit and go tournaments. A sit and go tournament can vary in size and the amount you need to buy-in for, but in this guide we’re going to look at the most common type of sit and go tournament which is a nine player one. In a nine player sit and go event the top three players will win prize money while the other six players won’t win anything.
If you’re just starting to play poker then I would suggest playing in small sit and go tournaments until you start winning and then you can begin moving up. Ideally you should start at $5 games as you’ll be able to play with other beginner players and gain some first hand experience. There are several different tips and strategies that will learn throughout your time playing Holdem and we’re going to look at some of them now.
* During the first few levels of a sit and go tournament the blinds will be low and you need to play a wide selection of hands. The reason being is because you need to try and hit some hands in the early stages so that you have an excellent chance of cashing in the event.
* A lot of poker en ligne players are going to bluff in $5 sit and go tournaments on Party Poker so you need to keep this in the back of your mind at all times. You can’t be scared of an all-in bet in these tournaments because it doesn’t mean the same as an all-in in a cash game. The player going all-in is only risking his $5 buy-in which isn’t that much for most poker players so you’ll run into lots of players trying to bluff the entire tournament.
* If you’re the chip leader then you should push your opponents and raise every pot slightly. You will eventually have a few players go all-in on your, but you should make more from the blinds you steal then the money you lose from a minimum raise the odd time. As a chip leader you can also look at targeting the short stacks and trying to get all-in with them. Even if you’re only 50% to win the hand it’s still worth taking the chance and trying to knock out a short stack if you have enough chips.
* As the blinds go up you need to slow down on the amount of hands you play unless you’re the leader at the time by a nice amount. If you’re fighting for third place though, then you need to slow down and pick your spots. Wait for big hands to go all-in on and try to avoid calling many hands because usually you’ll end up wasting chips unless you hit.
* Your goal in nine player sit and go tournaments on Titan Poker should be to capture third place and then worry about winning the event. If you worry about winning the event to early then you run the risk that you’ll go bust by making a mistake so always lock up third place before going too crazy.